Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christams this year, filled with so many fun activites and spending time with family. 
Mason in his church Christmas outfit

Monday, December 23, 2013
We started our Christmas activities on Monday this year.  Casey's mom had planned her big annual Christmas Eve party, but since we'd be celebrating Christmas Eve with my family this year she decided to change it to Monday.  We started the evening out by eating delicious Hawaiian Haystacks.  Then it was on to our BINGO game.  Casey's mom always buys great prizes for the BINGO game and sometimes it turns into a small brawl over who gets what.  This year she bought multiples of everything so no one would fight over anything.  By the end of the BINGO game Case and I ended up with a great haul, including:  2 movies, comfy socks for me, regular socks for Casey, PINGO the children's book, car fresheners, lots of candy, a head lamp, and treats for Mason.  We had such a fun time playing BINGO.
After BINGO, C.J. read the Christmas story from the Bible.  Then it was time to say our goodbyes so we could take our tired Mason home. 

Tuesday, December 24, 2013--Christmas Eve
We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family this year.  We held our Christmas party at a church.  I'm so glad we did--usually Christmas Eve is spent at my grandparents house, but my grandma has so many trinkets and valuables that I was worried Mason would break something.  I didn't have to worry one bit about Mason at the church, he crawled around and has such a fun time.  We started the night out with a soup, cheese rolls, and salad dinner.  Then we played a gift exchange game then called it a night.  Case had a little last minute shopping to do, so while he went to Target Mase and I went to my parents house to write our letter to Santa. 
When Casey got done shopping, we came home and opened our Christmas jammies.  Then it was off to bed.
Christmas morning in their Christmas jammies

Wednesday, December 25, 2013--Christmas Day
We had so much fun celebrating Christmas with Mason.  Although he still doesn't get a lot of the present opening, it was still fun!  Mason ended up waking up around 7:30 on Christmas Day.  Although he didn't understand the present opening, I think he still new it was going to be a fun and special day.  When Case and I went in to get him he was jumping up and down in his crib like he knew there were presents under the tree waiting for him.
It was so fun watching Mason open his gifts.  Case and I would help him unwrap it a little, then he would go to town on ripping the wrapping paper off.  After the present was finally unwrapped Mase would play with it for about 30 seconds, then crawl to his old toys to play with them.  I know he was grateful for what he got for Christmas this year, even though he showed it by playing with his old toys.  This year Mason got:  a toy alligator, books, building blocks from Santa, and clothes, and a quiet book that I made him from Casey and I.  From grandma and grandpa Mecham, Mason got a new outfit and a pull toy bee, which he LOVES. 








After Case and I exchanged our gifts to each other and Mason finished opening his gifts we had some special visitors.  Mom and dad came over and brought us a delicious breakfast of Golden Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, donuts, muffins, milk, chocolate milk, and apple juice.  It was a delicious breakfast and we are so grateful for mom and dad who brought it over to us. 

After breakfast we put Mason down for a nap before going over to Casey's mom and dads to visit.  We had so much fun spending the morning with Casey's family.  Case and I gave his mom and dad a book of pictures of Mason.  They absolutely loved it.  They loved looking at it and seeing how much Mason has grown in the past year.  While we were over to their house we ate lunch and visited with family.  Around 3:00  Case and I decided to head home to put Mason down for a nap before heading over to my family's. 
We headed over to my family's around 5:00.  We ate dinner and snacked on treats, opened more gifts, and visited with family.  Mason got a new outfit, some fridge magnets, and a puzzle from grandma and grandpa.  We had so much fun spending the night with my family. 

Around 9:30 Mason was done.  Case and I helped clean up, then we took our little tired Mason home.  It had been a long day for him and it was totally exhausted. 
We enjoyed every minute of Christmas this year.  We loved spending time with family and we LOVED spending Christmas with our little Mason.  We also enjoyed reflecting on the birth of our Savior, we feel so blessed all year long, but especially around this holiday season. 

Thursday, December 26, 2013
Mase and I pretty much spent the day together playing with all his new toys.  Casey had to work until noon and when he got home from work he went and saw the Hobbit with his family.  I didn't really care about seeing the Hobbit and I didn't want to leave Mason the day after Christmas so I stayed home and Mase and I went out to lunch with Myrn and Garrett and Ryan and Meg. 
When Casey got home from the movie, we took Mason to see the lights in Spanish Fork.  I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see the lights before Christmas, but after going I was so thrilled we waited.  Last year we went to see the lights the weekend before Christmas and it was so crowded.  There were so many cars that they would only let you drive around once.  This year Case and I were one of the only cars there.  We would pull off to the side of the road so Mase could watch some of the moving lights.  Mason loved looking at all the lights and he loved helping Casey drive the car through the lights (we took Mason out of his carseat while we were at the lights, then put him right back in after the lights). 

While driving home, Ry and Meg called and invited us over to play games.  We had so much fun playing Wits and Wagers.  Mason loved playing with all of Mabel's toys, especially the grocery cart!
Around 8:30 we took Mason home to put him to bed. 

We are so sad Christmas is over, but we are looking forward to the New Year and all that year 2014 will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment