Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Happenings

January has seemed to go by so slow.  I guess that's how I feel about every January, it's cold, gloomy, and not much going on.  Although this January seemed to go by very slow, it was full of fun and exciting events. 

We started the month out by Casey taking me on a date.  It was the first date we had been on since Casey went to Front Sight in the beginning of November.  I have anxiety issues about having to leave my little Mason.  When I leave him, I just miss him too much.  This results in us going no where without Mason.  So when my sister called me up and said she was going to babysit Mason no matter what, I guess I had no choice.  Casey planned a fun date night out.  We went and saw the second Hunger Games movie, went to dinner at Kneaders, then out for ice cream at Cold Stone.  We had a fun night and we are so grateful to Myrn and Garrett who took such good care of our little Mason Man while we were gone.   

January is a month full of birthdays for Casey's family.  His dad's birthday is the 6th of January.  We celebrated by going over to Casey's mom and dad's for Sunday dinner.  On Monday, January 6th, Casey and Mason drove down to Springville to give Casey's dad this cake I had made him and his birthday present. 
Casey's mom's birthday was on the 27th of January.  We celebrated her birthday by inviting everyone over to our house for Sunday dinner and making her favorite meal...homemade lasagna. 
During Roz's birthday party Mason shared his train with his cousin Parker.

Now that January is here, we decided it was time to start doing a few things around our house that I wanted to get done before our baby is here.  We started in our bedroom with a little bedroom makeover.  We removed the mirror that was on the dresser.  The mirror had shelves on the side of it which usually collected dust and junk, so we took it off for now and replaced it with these flower pictures.  I also made the dresser runner and added a few decorations. 

On January 9th at 7:00 in the morning a new member of the Hess household was born.  Weighing in at 8lbs. 2 oz. and measuring 20 1/2" long, Weston John Hess is absolutely perfect.  During Amy's stay at the hospital, we got to watch Lydia, Landon, Parks, and Ash.  Mason had so much fun playing with them all day long.  He would even cry when it was time to leave their house at nights.  We are so grateful for such a healthy, handsome, baby boy to join the Hess family. 

Landon and Parks had been asking my mom to make them super hero capes.  She went and bought the fabric and I sewed them.  I made a Batman cape for Bud and a Green Lantern cape (even though he doesn't wear a cape) for Parks.  I modeled the capes on Mason.  He loved walking around in them and cried when I finally took it off of him.  I guess I need to make a superhero cape for Mason now too. 

Casey decided not to go to school this semester.  We qualified for some financial aid, but only if Casey went full time.  With our new baby coming and Casey working three jobs, we decided now would not be the best time for Case to go to school full time.  It has been fun having Casey home at nights and not at school.  Mason loves playing with his dad. 

 

We've been cleaning out closets and I found this beauty of Case when he was a Sophomore.  Casey wanted to throw it away, but I'm determined to keep it, along with many others, so I can show our kids someday.  Oh the High School days...so glad they are in the past. 

Our month ended with our little Mason getting sick.  I'm not sure if it's his teeth or a flu virus, but he had a temperature for about 4 days and was totally miserable.  I spent most of my days watching movies and snuggling this little guy of ours. 


 One day, Casey took Mason for a little car ride so I could get a few things done at home.  They came back with this note and ice cream.  I love my little family!!

January was a busy month for us.  We're looking forward to what February brings.  

2 comments:

  1. I like how your room turned out, and Gar and I are happy to keep Mase anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He must have been really sick!!! He never snuggles like that! He must also really love you that is a ginormo milk shake :)

    ReplyDelete