Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mason at 22 months and Tanner at 4 months

Time has snuck up on me yet again and our two boys are already a month older. 
Mason turned 22 months on July 16th.  His second birthday is sneaking up on me faster then I can blink.

Sleeping:  Mason has pretty much shifted to one 3 hour nap a day.  He still does great sleeping through the night.  At about noon he'll fall to sleep in the most random places, I'll usually let him take a small nap at this time then another nap around 2:30.

Talking:  Still no improvements have been made with Mason's talking.  He talks gibberish all day, but I can't make out what he is trying to say.  When I say something to Mason, like "go throw it in the garbage" or "go find your monster trucks" he'll do exactly what I tell him.  He seems to understand what I say to him, but he still can't form any words to tell me something. 

Eating:  Mason still loves food.  The real fight comes when we try to have him sit in his high chair to eat, so lately we have been letting him sit on a stool at the snack bar and eat.  He does a much better job and he doesn't throw a tantrum when it's time to eat. 

Other:  I can definitely tell Mason is almost 2 and he definitely has throwing a temper tantrum down.  I love this age Mason is at.  He'll do the funniest things, he's happy (most of the time), he entertains himself when I need to take care of Tanner, he has the sweetest personality, he loves to laugh, give kisses, and be by his daddy.  When Mason doesn't get his way he throws a tantrum.  He usually gets down on his knees and does a fake cry. 

I love this little happy boy.

Tanner turned 4 months old on July 25th.  I'm loving every day I get to spend with this happy baby Tanner of ours. 
Here are Tanner's 4 month stats:
Weight--Tanner weighed 11.5 lbs. which is in the 4th percentile.
Height--Tanner is 23" long which is in the 12th percentile
Head size--Tanner's head is 15" which is in the 30th percentile

Sleeping:  Tanner takes about 4-5 naps a day.  Some are 2 hours long and others are 20 minutes long.  Tanner usually will wake up once and sometimes twice.  Our little man still loves to be swaddled at night when he sleeps and he loves to be snuggled and rocked to go to sleep. 

Talking:  Tanner's little coos are enough to melt any ones heart. 

Eating:  Tanner eats 4 oz. every 3.5-4 hours.  He does really good not to spit up too much right now (knock on wood).  I haven't introduced solids yet, but it's definitely in the near future for our little guy. 

Other:  Tanner has made a complete turn from just a few months ago.  The baby that would cry for no reason and the baby who wouldn't let me lay him down if I wasn't holding him is gone.  Tanner is such a smiley happy baby and it makes being a mother so much more enjoyable.  Tanner has started laughing too, it's a soft, gentle laugh, but it's so cute.
At 4 months Tanner is now rolling over.  He is like a steam roller.  Tanner learned how to roll 2 months sooner then Mason did, it seems as though Tanner is growing so fast.
Tanner is also grabbing at toys, he loves to play under his jungle gym and swat the toys.    

Tanner is such a joy to have in our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment