Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mason at 23 Months and Tanner at 5 Months

I'm one of "those" moms that counts their children's age in months, but I've loved being able to go back and read and remember what Mason was doing at each month in his life.  I've also enjoyed going back and comparing what Mason did at Tanner's age.  Considering the fact that Mason will be 2 next month, I've decided to try to simplify my life and stop Mason's monthly update posts at age 2.  I'll still document all his major mile stones, but probably just not monthly.  So here it is, Mason's second to last monthly update post, Mason at 23 months old.
Sleeping--Mason takes one 3 hour nap a day.  He continues to sleep through the night unless he hears thunder, which he happens to be deathly afraid of.  He still loves to snuggle with all his blankets when he lays down for naps and at night. 
Talking--We've made a little break through with Mason's talking this past month.  Ive heard him say his cousin's name "Lydia" a couple of times. "Grandpa" one time.  He also says Ah oh on a regular basis along with "Heeo" for hello.  We are definitely making progress. 
Eating--Mason will still try anything to eat.  He's not much of a meat eater, unless it's chicken nuggets.  He also loves dipping.  His favorite thing to snack on and dip is Wheat Thins in Thousand Island dressing. 
Other--We love our little Masor Moo.  He definitely makes life much more fun, exciting, and interesting.  Right now he loves hanging with his daddy, playing with his cousins, watching Mator on Netflix, playing with his monster trucks, reading books, checking on his little brother, stickers, and playing outside.  We love our little Mason Man.

Tanner is now 5 months old.  I can't believe how fast the past 5 months have gone.  Tanner is such a happy baby and we love every minute we get to spend with him. 
Sleeping--Tanner takes usually 3 naps a day.  He usually goes to bed around 9:30 and usually wakes up around 3 to eat.  Casey rocks him to bed every night and Tanner loves it. 
Talking--Tanner loves making all kinds of noises.  This past month Tanner learned to stick out his tongue and blow it to make little bubbles.  One of my favorite things in the morning is listening to Tanner wake up.  He makes the cutest sounds as he's trying to open his little eyes for the day. 
Eating--Tanner is eating 4oz. of milk every 3.5-4 oz.  This little guy is pretty happy as long as he's not hungry. 
Teeth--Still no teeth for this little man, but I'm pretty sure they are ready to pop through at any given moment.  Tanner chews on his hands like crazy all day long which makes me think that teeth are just around the corner. 
Other--Along with every other mother, when pregnant with Tanner the thought would often cross my mind of would I love this baby as much as I love my little Mason.  As soon as I saw Tanner for the first time, it was love at first sight.  I immediately had an indescribable love for this perfect little baby.  Now, 5 months later, my love for Tanner continues to grow more and more each day.  I can't imagine my life without my baby boys.     
    

1 comment:

  1. So glad Mason is finally talking a little more. Hope he continues!

    ReplyDelete