Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mason's 3rd Birthday

Our little Mason turned 3 on September 16, 2015.  I can't believe that we have a 3 year old, time has gone by way too fast.  We are so grateful for our little Mason and we feel so blessed he is part of our family.  Here are 10 things we love about our little Mason at three years old:
1.  I love when Mason climbs out of his bed in the mornings, usually around 7:30-8:00, and crawls into bed with me.  Sometimes he crawls over Casey to get in between us, and sometimes Casey has gone to the gym so he just crawls in and asks me to cover him up because he is cold.   Sometimes he even enters our room in the mornings with his blanket over his head and his arms out acting like a monster and to top it off he even makes little monster sounds. 
2.  I love when he asks if he can sit on my lap when I read him stories for nap time and bed time.  He loves being read to.
3.  I love when he hears his daddy come home from work and he hurry and yells to me, "hurry momma we got to hide."  We usually hide in the closet, under the bed, or under a blanket, but it's always easy for Casey to find us because Mason is laughing so hard. 
4.  I love how he calls me mamma.
5.  I love to hear him count to 10 and name his shapes and colors. 
6.  I love to hear him read "Bobby the Bulldozer."
7.  I love to hear him say, "mommy you're pretty"  Although it's coming from a 3 year old, it still makes me feel like a million bucks.
8.  I love to hear him munch on Cheetos.
9.  I love that he is ALL boy.  He loves monster trucks, motorcycles, trains, and 4-wheelers.
10.  I have a love/hate relationship with the way he asks if we can go to Disneyland and ride the "carousal with Mickey on it."  One of these days I hope to make this dream come true for our little Mason, but as for now we'll just take him to his second favorite place...the condo.

We celebrated Mason's birthday with my family on September 6th.  Mason was so spoiled by everyone.  He had a great time celebrating with my family. 
On September 13th we celebrated Mason's birthday with Casey's family.  Casey's mom and dad came over for dinner then his siblings came over for cake and ice cream.
On Mason's actual birthday (September 16th) we celebrated with our family.  We met up with Casey for lunch at McDonald's with a PlayPlace and let Mason play and eat lunch.  Then it was home for naps.  When Mason woke up from his nap we let him open his presents.  He got a new outfit, some Legos, and his very own set of golf clubs.  We told Mason we would take him to the Provo Beach Resort after we opened his presents, but he said he just wanted to stay home and play outside with his new golf clubs. 



Later that night we ordered pizza for Mason and ate it with grandma and grandpa, Lin, and Mer and Garrett.  After dinner Mason got to open his presents from grandma and grandpa--a new church outfit and a remote control Grave Digger monster truck.  He also got to open his present from Mer and Garrett--a new monster truck.  Mason was, again, so spoiled. 
Here is the invitaion I made for Mason's parties. 
We are so grateful that Mason is part of our family.  I can't believe he is already 3.  He is growing way too fast.  Everyday I ask him if he'll please stop growing and he says, "mom I need to be a big boy."  We love our little "big boy!"
 

1 comment:

  1. We got our kids a kid set of clubs last summer. They love the driving range. We will have to take them next summer a couple of times to the driving range. (Jacie doesn't know but she is getting a set of clubs to fit her for her birthday. Shh, don't tell her.) It would be so fun to go take the kids out!

    ReplyDelete