Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Happenings-2016

Summer is here and we couldn't be more excited.  Here is a little of what we did during the month of June. 
At the beginning of Summer we got to babysit Amy and Jared's kids while Amy and Jared were gone to their annual Sons of Helamen camp.  Mason and Tanner loved spending every minute with their friends. "Look mom, were off to save the world!"--Mason
"Look mom, were riding on the carousel"--Mason
Our summer also started out with the Orem Summerfest.  Casey and I, along with Ry and Meg, mom and dad, and Myrn and Garrett, took the kids to the carnival on Thursday night.  They had so much fun riding a few of the rides.  We continued celebrating on Saturday with our tradition of going to mom and dads to watch the parade.  Mom made a delicious dinner of tacos.  Everything tasted so yummy.  After dinner we watched the parade.  Mason and Tanner loved the police motorcycles and the big trucks.  After the parade we tubed the boys and got them in their pajamas to watch the fireworks.  We had such a fun weekend celebrating the Orem Summerfest. 




Amy and I took the kids to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. 






My birthday was our next fun thing we did in June.  My birthday was on a Saturday this year, so Casey was able to be home from work.  Casey surprised me by taking me and the boys to the Aquarium.  We saw all different kinds of ocean animals.  The boys loved every minute of it and I loved being with my little family for my birthday.  After the Aquarium we met mom, dad, Myrn, and Garrett at The Pie Pizzeria for lunch.  After lunch we quickly drove down to Springville for Casey's grandma's 90th birthday party.  The boys were so tired they fell right to sleep on the way there.  After the birthday party mom, dad, Myrn, and Garrett came over for ice cream.  Casey got me my favorite--ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  I had a wonderful birthday.  I'm so grateful for Casey who always makes my birthday a special day for me. 





Casey took Mason to see Finding Dory.  It was a late night showing, but Mason loved it so much that he stayed awake the whole time.  He also loved the snacks Casey bought him--popcorn and a large drink. 

Evening bike ride.  Mason learned how to pedal his bike this summer and he loves riding it, especially going on bike rides with Daddy. 
Eating popsicles after swimming in their new shark pool we bought them.
Tanner with his new sunglasses.
We went to the air show with Myrn, Garrett, Grandpa, Grandma, and Linny.  We had such a great time.  The boys loved every minute of what they were awake for:)





 June was such a great and fun month.  Now we are on into July already. 


No comments:

Post a Comment