Monday, May 1, 2017

April Happenings--2017

April brought our favorite family vacation we've ever taken, our trip to Disneyland.  We also had a great month leading up to our Disneyland trip.  Here is what we were up to during the month of April.

Mason and Tanner love walking up to the neighbors house and sitting in these chairs under her big pine tree.

Jack's 3rd birthday was April 4th.  Stacy invited us down to Springville to eat lunch at McDonald's to celebrate.  The kids had a great time playing on the play place together.  I'm so lucky that my kids have such good friend cousins that live to close to each other.  The cousins are truly best friends. 
During the colder winter months, Amy let's us use her church during the day so the kids can run around and have fun.  The kids love playing with the hop balls and having races on them.  This particular day, there was no school so Amy, Lin, Myrn, and I went and got Olive Garden lunch (usually a tradition when Myrn has a day off of teaching school) and the kids played and played.  I love living so close to my sisters.  They are my best friends.
Our little Blakey turned 8 months old.

Tanner took a crash on his bike.  He ran into our cement wall outside and got some road rash on the right side of his face.  On this same day, one of my old 3rd grade students stopped by to say hi.  I was so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a stay at home mom to our three boys that day.  I'm grateful I get to be home with my boys when: they get hurt and need comfort, when they have a bad day, and for everything in between.
Tanner loves his binkies.
The day I found a used Band-Aid stuck to the wall.
Tanner broke my glasses I have had for probably about 6 years.  I was so upset because we were going to be taking our Disneyland trip at the end of the month and I knew I wanted to be able to take my glasses to help drive, etc.  So my sister told me about a website you can order new glasses on and have them shipped right to your house.  It took a lot of emails, but I finally got my glasses here just 2 days before we were going to be leaving on our Disneyland trip.
We met Daniel and Stacy at the Riverwoods, where we had fun riding the carousel. 


We had fun celebrating Easter this year.  Our Easter festivities started the Saturday before Easter.  Our kind neighbors always do an Easter egg hunt for the kids in the neighborhood.  The boys had so much fun finding their candy.  At the end they got to hold a real bunny.  Mason and Tanner loved it.  Blakey wasn't too sure.  After the hunt, our backyard neighbors invited us over to help them color Easter eggs.  The boys had so much fun decorating then coloring Easter eggs.  Later on that evening we went to the Mecham's to celebrate Easter with family.  The kids did another Easter egg hunt, played in the dirt, and had fun playing with cousins. 










The next day was Easter.  We all got new Easter outfits, including matching ones for the boys.  That night we celebrated Easter with my family.  I love holidays because we get to spend so much time with family. 

Mason and Tanner love putting their blankets up their shirts.  They think doing this is hilarious!  I love these silly boys.  One day the boys were jumping off the couch with the blankets in their tummy's.  When I asked them what they were doing they responded with, "were practicing having fun at the hotel on our Disneyland trip."
The boys also love this chair at grandma's house.  They love making a little house out of the cushions.
I like helping Amy each year decorate a teacher's door for their teacher appreciation week at the kids' school.  This is what we came up with this year.
Our trip to Disneyland was the highlight of our month! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment