Friday, June 21, 2013

9 Months

 
I can't believe our little Mason is already 9 months old.  Where has the time gone?  We took him to the doctor for his nine month check up.  Here is the doctors report:
Weight-19lbs.-- 40th percentile
Height- 28 inches--30th percentile
Head Size- 18 inches--80th percentile
Teeth--Mason has 4 teeth, his 2 front ones on the bottom and his 2 front ones on the top that are just making their way in. 
Sleeping--Mason takes 2 napes during the day and is still not sleeping through the night, in fact he is usually awake from about 12:30-4:00 a.m.!!  The doctor gave us some ideas on what we could do to help him sleep better.  Hopefully his ideas will work:)
Talking--I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but Mason has started saying Dada (sure did make Casey happy to have Mason say Dada before Mama).  Mason also says all kinds of gibberish all day. 
Eating--Mason eats pretty much anything I give him.  Although, he's not a real big fan of anything cold. 
Movement--Mason finally learned how to sit up at about 8 1/2 months old.  He scoots (only backwards) and rolls around like crazy to get around.  He's still not crawling or pulling himself up on things to stand up, but I'm sure it'll happen sooner then I know it. 
Other--Within the last couple of weeks Mason has learned to reach for people.  If you put your hands out, if he wants to go to you, then he'll reach out for you.  Casey gets so mad when he comes home from work and picks up Mason and he just reaches back for me.  I personally love it!! 
 

We love our little Mister Mason!! 

2 comments:

  1. I had someone tell me that the waking up in the middle of the night might have something to do with being hungry. She said she had to feed her kids right before they went to bed, something heavy so they didn't wake up.
    He is getting so big. Time sure flies right by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He only reaches for me with a lot of coaxing, but I sure love it when he does :)

    ReplyDelete