Saturday, August 17, 2013

11 Months

Mason turned 11 months old yesterday!!  I can't believe that in only one more month he will be a year old!! 
Teeth--Mason still only has 6 teeth.  2 on the top and 4 on the bottom. 
Sleeping--It seems no matter what we do, Mason's sleep habits are so irregular.  Just when I thought be might be in the habit of sleeping through the night, he's waking up at 1:30 in the morning again.  We've started feeding him when he wakes up and usually he'll go right back to sleep.  Sometimes we end up turning on a movie at 2 in the morning to help Mason calm down and fall back to sleep. 
Mason and I watching Robin Hood at 2:00 in the morning.
Talking-- Mason is still just saying mama and dada.  Sometimes I'll ask him a question and I swear he'll answer back with a yes or no, but I'm not 100% certain he really knows what he is saying.  When I'm home all day with just me and Mason, I'll strike up a conversation with him and in his own little gibberish he talks back.  Case says Mason is going to be just like his mother when he grows up--always having something to say. 
Eating--Mason is still mostly just eating baby food.  His favorite is plain rice cereal and plain oatmeal.  Every time I try to feed him something new he gives me this look on his face like that was the nastiest thing he had ever eaten, but then 2 seconds later he usually wants more.  Mason will usually eat anything.  After watching my older sister with her baby girl that's about the same age as Mason, I've become more brave on what I'll feed Mason.  I fed him gold fish for the first time the other day, I was so worried he was going to choke, but I thought if my little niece can eat it so can Mason, and he loved it!
Movement--Mason learned how to crawl this past month during our trip to St. George.  Now he crawls everywhere!  I love to watch him get so excited to crawl to something or someone.  He'll usually hyperventilate as he crawls towards it.  Mason spends most of his day crawling towards wherever I am or wherever people are.      
Other--This past month Mason has learned all sorts of tricks.  The other day I caught him clapping.  He usually does it pretty sporadic, but sometimes when he watches someone do something cool he'll usually clap for them.  The other day we took Mason to the pool.  Whenever someone would jump in he would clap for them.  
Mason also learned to wave.  I only saw him do it once, but I'm certain he'll do it more often. 
This past month we also had to lower Mason's crib.  He was able to pull himself up onto his knees which made me too nervous, so Casey lowered it. 

We love this little guy so much!!!  We hate to see him grow up so fast, but we are so grateful at the same time.  We are so grateful for a healthy growing boy.  I know our Heavenly Father has lots in store for our little Mason and I can't wait to see his plans for Mason. 




P.S.  We took Mason to the Provo Beach Resort to ride the carousel for his 11 month birthday.  I placed him on the gorilla.  He was a little frightened and wanted to bail the entire ride.  Hopefully he'll like it more next time:) 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the picture of him trying to bail off of the carousel. Keep blogging I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always commenting:)!!!

      Delete
    2. I hate that I don't get to see him more often. You need to bring him over while you and Casey go on a date. We absolutely adore him!

      Delete