Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Childhood Room

I want to be able to remember everything about Mason and Tanner growing up.  I use this blog as a journal where I document everything that goes on in our lives.  After Mason was born Casey started buying me Taylor Swift albums.  One of my favorite songs of hers is "Never Grow Up."  Every time I listen to this song, it reminds me how fast time does fly by.  I can't even listen to this song without bursting into tears because of the thought of life speeding by way too fast.  It sounds silly, but it was this song that inspired me to start up my blog...again.  I don't keep a journal and I'm so far behind in my scrapbooking that I knew blogging would be my only way to document all our family's: adventures, hard times, happy times, and all the moments in between.
I'm kind of a sentimental person when it comes to times.  Everyday I look and Mason and Tanner and wish time would stop in its tracks for just a little while.  I've loved having them little, but at the same time I've loved watching them grow and learn new things.

In the song "Never Grow up" it says, "Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room."  For some reason this stood out to me, and ever since I finished decorating Mason's nursery, I've been meaning to write this post.

Recently we moved Mason into his own room.  I didn't think this transition would be as hard on me as it ended up being.  After getting Mason's room all ready, he would walk by his new room and just cry.  I thought getting Mason used to a new bed would take a lot of training, but as soon as he realized his big boy bed was big enough for our whole family to sit on while we read stories and sang songs to Mason for naps and at night time he realized how fun his big boy bed really was. 

The first night I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his crib he shook his head no, he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed.  I knew for sure that it would end up being a rough night, but Mason was insistent to sleep in his new bed.  We read stories to him, sang him songs, then told him we'd be back to check on him in just a few minutes.  I walked out of the room and looked inside his old room and saw his empty crib.  Tears streamed down my face as I stopped to realize, yet again, how fast our little Mason is growing up. 
That night I laid awake all night, thinking Mason would call my name for me to come get him.  I bet I went to check on him about 30 times that night.  Not once did Mason wake up and call for me, he slept the entire night in his big boy bed. 
Our little Mason has now slept in his big boy bed for over a month now.  Each night he's eager to read stories and sing songs with the whole family on "his" bed.  He loves his new room and bed. 

As the song "Never Grow Up" says "Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room" Here are a few pictures of Mason's old room, new room, and Tanner's new room. 

 Mason's old room. 


 
Mason's new room



 
We moved Tanner into the nursery about 2 weeks after we moved Mason into his new room (2 moves in one week was just too much for me to handle). 


2 comments:

  1. I love the alphabet wall! So cool. You did such a great job at decorating the rooms. I really need to come and see your house. I have never been inside it, more than a few steps. Now to take pictures of each of the kids in their rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they are both in different rooms and Mase is in a big-boy bed!! Crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete