Sunday, November 30, 2014

November Happenings--2014

We had a wonderful November, and like always I can't believe that we are already in to December.  Here is a little of what we were up to during the month of November.

One day Mason insisted on eating marshmallows.  He doesn't really like marshmallows, so as soon as he got them in his mouth, he just spit them right back out.  Also, on this particular day Mason wanted to wear his planes jacket around the house with his hood on the entire time. 

Mason loves wearing his daddy's hat around the house. 

Mason likes to pull out all the kitchen tools from the drawer.  I usually put a yardstick down the handles so he can't open them, but he has learned to pull out the yardstick and get into the drawers anyways.  One day after getting them out, I told him he needed to put them away.  He listened and put them away, just not exactly how I wanted. 

We love our smiley Tanner!!



One day in November my grandma and grandpa were playing in a Symphony.  They were going to be playing the 1812 Overture where grandpa would be shooting off his cannons.  Growing up, grandpa and grandma would often play in symphonies and shoot off their cannons during the last piece, the 1812 Overture.  I really wanted to go and watch grandpa shoot off his cannons, yet again.  Casey stayed home with the boys and I was able to go with my mom and dad and a few siblings.   The symphony didn't last as long as Casey thought it would so he insisted I go out to dinner with my mom and dad after.  It was such a fun night out for me. 


Mason loves checking on Tanner in his crib.  He'll usually pull over this toy to stand on so he can see right in and check on Tanner.


Amy and I love taking the kids to the library to pick out books.  This particular November day was so nice, so we let the kids play around in the secret garden area at the library.  They loved running down this hill.


The weather through November was pretty mild so we took the kids to the park.  Tanner rode in the swing for the first time and loved it!!

This picture is so blurry, but I wanted to document about the music class Meg and I took Mason and Mabel to a few times.  It was held at the Orem Public Library.  They would sing songs, play musical instruments, and the kids had a fun time dancing around. 

We got one side of our back yard fenced in. 

Found Tanner sleeping on his tummy for the first time.


Mason insisted on borrowing this little table from my parents.  He loves eating his lunch on it. 

Tanner and daddy playing together.

Went down to the shop and let Mason play on the tractor.  He loved every minute of it!!

Mason broke his arm.


Played outside on the deck in the warm November weather.

Mason loves trying on my jelly shoes.

Bought Mason a new winter coat.

I really wanted to go to the Lights On at the Riverwoods.  It was held on Friday, November 21st.  Since Casey had school on Fridays, I called Ry to see if he would want to go with me.  Meg went out, so Ry was babysitting Mabel and Maccoy, but we decided to go down anyways.  The event ended up being super crowded, so finding a parking spot was near impossible, but we found one, got the kids unloaded and started walking in.  All the hassle in getting there was totally worth it.  Santa road in on a Harley and his elves rode in on motorcycles too.  Mason loved seeing the parade of cycles.  They did a count down to when the lights turned on and when they did, it was absolutely beautiful. 




Casey and I took Mason and Tanner down to the Riverwoods to meet Santa.  Mason and Tanner both sat on Santa's lap and they were not even scared at all!!  Mason asked for a train set and Tanner asked for some new baby toys.  After meeting Santa, we took the boys into PBR to play a few of the arcade games and ride the carousel.  It was such a fun night!!



Mason helped Casey rake up the leaves, then Casey taught him how to jump in them.  Mason loved every minute of it.

One day I made Mac and Cheese for lunch.  I found Mason making this train of noodles.

Having fun on Mason's bed before bed time.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We started the day by going to get Krispy Kreme donuts (a tradition of Casey's).  Thanksgiving this year was spent with my family.   We had so much fun remembering what we are grateful for, eating a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, and playing a few games. 




That following Satruday after Thanksgiving, Chris and Roz held their second annual grandchild Christmas party.  Mason and Tanner loved every minute of it.  Roz read Christmas stories and told us the story of the birth of our Savior.  We also made cookies, decorated Tanner's Christmas tree for his room, opened presents, and tried to get one good picture of all the grand kids with grandma and grandpa.  We had a great time at the grandchildren party.





Mason got a few candies at the grandchild party.  When we got home Mason got into the candy without Case and I knowing.  This is what we found a few minutes later. 

Mason and Tanner riding in the cart together at Target.  Mason loved riding by Tanner until Tanner tried a million times to grab his bink out of his mouth.

We had a wonderful November.  I always love this time of year and the chance we get to really reflect on all our blessings.  I'm so grateful for family and a loving Savior that scarified so much so that we can be together for eternity. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved having time off from school to spend time with your cute kids. I can't wait for summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, next year. Lights at the Riverwoods, and meeting Santa, deal?
    And we have a table similar to that. I found it on KSL for like $8 with chairs. That is what the kids have eaten at for the last like 3 years. And I love it! Plus they love to go and grab coloring stuff, play dough, anything and spend time with me in the kitchen while I am cooking. A worthwhile investment.

    ReplyDelete