Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mason at 20 Months and Tanner and 2 Months

Mason is now 20 months old (he turned 20 months on May 16th).  Here is a little about Mason at 20 months old. 

Sleeping:  Mason still takes 2 naps a day and continues to sleep through the night.

Talking:  I'm starting to get a little worried because Mason still mostly grunts and points at things to communicate with me or anyone else.  I try to get him to say things all day, but he refuses.  He understands what I'm saying to him, but he still can't seem to form words himself.  I'm constantly told it's a boy thing, but I'm constantly wondering if this is normal.  Casey's mom said Casey did this exact same thing and then at about 2 he said his first sentence.  Maybe it'll be like father like son. 

Eating:  It seems as though Mason has kind of lost his appetite lately.  He'll eat pretty much anything, but not a lot at one given time.  I usually feed him all three meals and snacks in between because he doesn't eat much at each meal.  Mason's favorite snack seems to be popcorn.  The other day he was eating a day old bowl of popcorn that had been left out at Casey's mom and dad's house.  Mason still loved it even though it was a day old.  Mason still doesn't care for anything cold.  If I try to give him ice cream or a bite of my snow cone he just pushes it away and shakes his head no. 

Other:  Mason loves being outside.  Casey rebuilt our deck this past month, so we spend a lot of our time out on the deck.  Mason likes to ride his car or his bike on the deck while I rock Tanner. 
Lately, Mason loves to sit on our bed.  When I go and get him in the mornings he'll point to our room and want to sit on the bed.  I'm not really sure what his fascination is with sitting on the bed, but it's usually where Tanner lays so I like to think he likes to be by his baby brother.

Tanner is now 2 months old and I can't believe it (Tanner turned 2 months on May 25th).  It seems like he's growing so much faster than Mason did.  He's definitely starting to develop a little personality and we love him more and more each day.  Here is a little about Tanner at 2 months old. 

I took Tanner in for his 2 month well-check visit, here are his 2 month stats:
Weight: Tanner almost weighs 10 pounds which is in the 13th percentile.
Height: Tanner is 21" tall which is in the 5th percentile.
Head Size: Tanner's head is 15" round which is in the 13th percentile

Sleeping:  Tanner is doing great at sleeping through the night.  I usually feed him around 10 and rock him until 10:30.  Then Casey rocks him until 11:00 while I get ready for bed and I rock him until about 11:30 because this is usually my only Tanner and me time throughout the day.  After laying him down he'll usually sleep until about 6 in the morning.  I'll feed him at 6 where he'll usually sleep in until 8:30-9.  He's doing great and I actually feel like I'm well rested when I wake up in the mornings.

Talking:  Tanner's baby sounds are so cute.  Tanner has even started laughing a little, I love it!!

Eating:  Tanner eats 3 1/2oz. about every 3 hours.  For now he does great to not spit up as long as we burp him half way through his feedings and again at the end.  Tanner is a great eater and loves to eat. 

Other:  We love our little Tanner man.  He is so fun and we love his little personality that is starting to show.  Tanner still loves to be held and snuggled.  During the day he will not nap anywhere unless he is being held.
Tanner also loves being outside. Sometimes if I can't get Tanner to calm down, just walking outside helps him to calm right down. 
Tanner is getting so alert and more and more active everyday.  I can't believe what only 2 months will do, he's definitely growing too fast for my liking.     

We are loving every minute we get to spend with these two boys.  We are so grateful for their healthy growing bodies and their happy personalities. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my little brothers didn't talk until he was almost 3, and then when he did talk it was like the words couldn't get out of his mouth fast enough. Jacie was really slow at talking as well. The pediatrician referred us for help with the school district, when she was older. I think we were referred around age 2-ish.

    ReplyDelete