Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Birthday

I'm officially 27 and we pretty much celebrated all week, as usual!  I love my birthday.  Every year Casey and family makes it a special day for me. 

This year the celebrating started on the Sunday before my birthday.  I always get the chance to celebrate my birthday with my family on Father's Day.  I love sharing the day with my dad!!  This year my mom had made one of my favorite meals...turkey sandwiches.  After dinner, we gave dad his Father's Day present.  We gave dad some new walking shoes and some fireworks.  Naturally we had to do off a few of the fireworks.  After the fireworks my mom and dad and siblings gave me my birthday presents.  I was definitely spoiled.  The night ended with singing happy birthday to me.

My birthday was on a Wednesday this year.  Casey always takes my birthday off of work.  He said this year he wasn't going to be able to because he has a lot going on at work that he couldn't miss, but when Wednesday morning rolled around, Casey was still around.  He took my birthday off after all.  We decided to take Mason and Tanner to the farm at Thanksgiving Point.  Myrn and Lydia and Parks came with us.  We had so much fun seeing all the different farm animals.  We also got to go on a tractor ride.  At the end we got to ride the ponies.  Mason was a little nervous at first, but once they started moving he loved it.  Towards the end of the ride, Mason tried bailing off the pony.  I'm glad I was standing right next to him, or he would have fallen off and gotten trampled by the pony.  I guess he got board with the ponies just walking around in circles. 





After the ponies, we decided to head home.  By this time it was about 3:00 and Mason was beyond ready for his nap.  We came home and I put Mason down for his nap, fed Tanner, then relaxed while Casey made me a birthday cake and decorated the house for my surprise birthday party. 

At 6:00 Casey had us gather into the car to go "somewhere."  Casey had invited my whole family to Taco Amigo for dinner and when we pulled into the parking lot, I was surprised to see some of my family members and I was happy to be eating at Taco (Casey doesn't care too much for Taco Amigo).

After a delicious dinner, Casey had invited everyone back to our house for cake and ice cream.  Casey even spoiled me by buying my favorite kinds of BYU Creamery ice cream. 


I had a great day celebrating my birthday with the ones I love the most.  I can't believe I'm 27.  I'm getting so old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment