Saturday, June 7, 2014

April and May Happenings

Good bye April and May, hello June. What!!!  April and May slipped right past me and now here we are into June.  Here is a little update about what we've been up to in April and May.

1.  Been watching this little man grow way  too fast. 

 
 
2.  Jack Riley Furr was born to Daniel and Stacy on 4/4/14.  He's so cute!!  I'm so excited for all these little boy cousins to grow up together. 

 
3.  We celebrated Easter with both families.  On Easter Sunday Casey took Mason down to his family's for dinner and a fun Easter egg hunt.  I stayed home With Tanner.  A week later I took Mason to my family's for a BBQ and a Easter egg hunt while Casey stayed home with Tanner.  We had so much fun celebrating with family and remembering the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ. 



4.  The weather was crazy during the month of April.  One day it was sunny and the next day was snowy.

5.  My sister, Amy, has one of these Cozy Coup cars and Mason loves it!  So when my sister saw a couple of cars at a garage sale she quickly called me and told me about them.  The garage sale wasn't opening until early the next morning, so I called my mom and asked her if she'd go and try to get one for me. Garage sales are definitely not her thing, but she went anyways and got one.  Mason loves it sooooo much!

6.  Started going down to the shop once a week, again, to eat lunch with my mom and dad. 

7.  Celebrated Mother's day at Myrn and Garrett's. Mason had his first fall, of many I'm sure, on cement steps.  He was pretty sad, but cheered right up after we let him watch his favorite move, Mator.  Casey gave me tickets to go see Peter Pan at the Hale Center Theater for Mother's Day.  We had so much fun watching the play while my mom watched Mason and Tanner for us. 


8.  We've been enjoying the beautiful warm weather by going on tractor rides with Uncle Tim. 

9.  Mason had his first taste of spaghetti and loved it!

10.  Mason's going through a phase of throwing everything in the toilet.  In one day, he threw a ball, a bowl, and his blanket in the toilet. 

11.  Tanner loves to be held.  He spends a majority of his day being held by someone.  One day the only way I could get him to sleep without being held was wrapping this soft blanket by his head.  He slept like this for about an hour. 



12.  Lin, Amy, and I, took the kids to the park to eat lunch and play.  We are so grateful to live so close to cousins.  Mason loves to play with his cousins, and cried almost the whole way home when he realized we were going home and not over to play at his cousins house. 

13.  Found Mason's shoes in the fridge.

14.  Celebrated Memorial day with my family by having a wienie roast.  That afternoon we celebrated with Casey's family with a BBQ in the backyard. 
Isaac and Tanner


15.  We are seeing lots and lots of smiles from this little guy. 

16.  Enjoyed eating Popsicles outside on a hot day. 

17.  We celebrated our 6th year anniversary.  Casey surprised me with a bracelet with a charm that has Mason's and Tanner's name and birthdays engraved on it.  I love it!! 

18.  Ryan and Meg had their baby, Maccoy, on May 27th.  He had a little bit of fluid in his lungs so they had to send him to the NICU for a little over a week.  We still haven't gotten the chance to meet this cute little guy, but we're looking forward to when we do.   

19.  Went to Taco for dinner one night where Mason really enjoyed the fry sauce and playing with Mabel. 


20.  Phil got married on May 31, 2014.  He got married in the Jordan River temple then had a lunch at the Springville Art Museum.  It was a wonderful day. 

April and May were busy months for us.  We are excited for June and for summer to have officially started. 

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you at the wedding. I hope we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete