Monday, September 23, 2013

12 Months

Mason turned 12 months old on September 16, 2013.  I took him to the doctor on September 20th for his 12 month check up.  I couldn't believe how much he's grown since his last appointment at 9 months! 
Weight:  Mason now weighs 21 pounds!  He is in the 50th percentile.  When he was born, he was in the 1 percentile.  I thought he would never reach the 50th percentile, but here he is and he continues to grow more and more everyday:)
Height:  Mason is 29 inches tall, which is in the 30th percentile.  When he was born he was 18 inches tall, which was in the 7th percentile.  He's no skyscraper and I'm not sure if he'll ever be really tall considering Case and I are not very tall either.  
Head Size:  Mason's head size is 18 inches.  He is in the 86th percentile.  When he was born his head was 13 inches and in the 15th percentile.  Let's just say big heads run in Casey's family and in my family--Mason really has no hope for a normal sized head. 

Mason got 5 shots at his 12 month check-up.  He faired pretty well!  I always get teary eyed when I have to hold his little hands down.  Thanks to Cait for coming to the appointment with us so we didn't have to venture it alone. 

Teeth:  Mason has so many teeth and it's too hard to count how many.  If I put my hand in his mouth to count them all I risk loosing a finger!  I do know that he has some bottom molars coming in and he's handling it quite well!
Sleeping:  In the past month Mason has slept through the night once!  He'll usually wake up around 1:30-2:00 in the morning some times he'll just wake up once and other times it's countless times.  My sister says to just continue to be patient (her 4 year old still wakes up in the night on a regular basis).  Mason loves to sleep with his night light doggy.  When I go into check on him before I go to bed he is usually cuddled right up to it.  I'll usually take it out, because I'm paranoid about him sleeping with anything in his crib, and give it to him again when he wakes in the night.  Our little guy just loves his doggy!         
Talking:  Mason loves to talk, I just have no idea what he is saying.  The only thing that comes out of his mouth that I can actually understand is Mama and Dada.
Eating:  Mason is eating everything.  He loves Mac and Cheese, Chicken Noodle Soup, Jello, toast and jam, fresh pears, peaches, waffles etc. etc.  He dislikes bananas very much!

 
Movement:  Mason is crawling everywhere and getting into everything!  He's also pulling himself up on things to stand up.  If you hold onto his hands while he is standing up he'll take a few steps then poop out.  He also likes to push his walker as far as his arms will stretch then take a few steps before he is tuckered out and needs to sit down. 
 

 
Other:  Our little guy is full of smiles and laughs, it doesn't take much to get him smiling and laughing so hard that it's hard for him to take a breath.  This little guy is definitely a daddy's boy and it seems like it happened overnight.  One day he was attached to me and now he's attached to Casey.  One day I caught Mason kneeling by the banister above the front door saying Dada over and over.  This little guy loves when daddy comes home from work, he always wiggles and gets the biggest smiles on his face. 

    We love our little guy!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's already a year! I sure do love this little guy!

    ReplyDelete